NASW-ND invites North Dakota Social Work students to apply for a student scholarship! Scholarships are awarded once per year in the fall. Both BSW and MSW students may apply.
BSW Student Scholarship: $500
MSW Student Scholarship: $500
- All applicants must be an NASW-ND member in good standing.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in a CSWE accredited Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or Master of Social Work (MSW) program.
- Applications will be evaluated on the quality of the applicant’s personal statement, community involvement and educational performance.
- Applicants must have at least one semester of school remaining before graduation.
What you will need to apply:
A cover letter recommended to include the following:
- Please explain how you have exemplified the characteristics of Social Justice and leadership in your life.
- List any activities with which you have been involved. Please indicate, where appropriate, any leadership positions you have held.
- If you have been employed, performed volunteer work, had practicum experiences, or held other positions of responsibility, please describe the length, dates and duties of your position(s).
- Applicants who have significant experience in working with minority groups are requested to highlight such experience.
- What is your experience with the NASW-ND chapter?
- How do you see yourself involved in the NASW during your social work career?
Academic information including:
- Name of school attending
- Anticipated graduation date
- An unofficial copy of your transcripts from your college experience, including your current GPA.
Additional attachments (in addition to transcripts):
- A copy of your updated resume
- One Letter of reference from professors, employers or supervisors, excluding family or friends
Scholarships will open in the late spring. If you would like to be emailed once the scholarships open, please sign up here.
The NASW Foundation Awards Scholarships each year in the spring. For more information on these scholarships, click here.