Advocacy Committee Action
The Advocacy Committee meets weekly during legislative session to review legislative proposals of interest to social workers and social work clients.
This Week's Bills
SB 2231 - Pronoun Use in Schools/Government - NASWND Testimony
HB 1333 - Criminalizing Drag Shows - NASWND Testimony
- The Advocacy Committee welcomes NASW-ND member participation and encourages you to join in a meeting. For more information, please email your interest to email@example.com.
- ACTION ALERT! - SAY NO to Conversion Therapy: HB 1332
This bill seeks to overturn social work rules that state “conversion or reparative therapy” is a violation of the social work code of ethics if practiced by a ND licensed social worker.
- 5 Steps to Becoming an Effective Voter: November 4, 2022
With the election upcoming, timing is critical to cast your ballot. Make your voice heard this election season by following these 5 simple steps to effective voting.
- STATEMENT: September 27, 2022
NASW-ND was appalled to hear of the Indigenous ancestral remains of 70 relatives and numerous artifacts desecrated in 250 boxes on the UND campus. Click the above link to read more.
- RESOLUTION: March 22, 2022
The NASW-ND Board of Directors adopted a resolution addressing the impact of proposed legislation around the country that attempts to silence or limit conversations related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.